Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

Play Day Canes

Recently I went to a "Play Day" hosted by Wilma Simmons, our local accredited clay tutor. These are wonderful days where we all get to play with Wilma's extensive array of tools and resources and benefit from her expertise. I made these blue and white canes, being just a bit partial to blue. They were  too large for jewellery and I'm not much of a jewellery wearer any way, so I decided to cover a box using the canes like mosaic tiles. I didn't want too many colours competing with the blue and white so used just gold clay to compliment them. I'm quite happy with the way the box turned out, and will get around to lining it soon with a piece of indigo shibori fabric. Wilma has a wonderful Etsy store.



1 comment:

{Daydreamer} said...

OMG, Tracy!!! That is absolutely gorgeous! I can definitely see your quilt/fabric interests are influencing your clay pieces.

USA Hugs,
Heather :)